Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fighting the Bug

This past week has been a struggle for the whole family. The latter part of last week brought on a couple of snow days. The weekend was supposed to be Boy Scout Klondike… but we’ve had a lot of snow. We have almost two feet of snow in our yard.

On Thursday night, our oldest started feeling sick. By Friday morning, his temperature spiked 102 degrees. By Friday night, maybe Saturday morning, it’s all a blur, I got sick and so did my youngest… Then by Saturday night, Sunday morning, my husband was hit with the same thing. Since then, we are all trying to help each other recover.

So here we are snowed in and sick!

Well, I think we’re getting back on track. The boys will go to their band classes tomorrow and I will “attempt” to restart school for them. They aren’t real thrilled with that.

Matthew told me tonight on his way to bed… “You know mom, it has been great having sick days off from school, not that I liked being sick, but I loved having the time to play my games!” He then continued to beg me to go easy on school. He didn’t want to hit “the Wall.”

“The Wall” is how my children view school when we start all subjects in the same day. They prefer to start with one subject, then the next day, two subjects, and so on.. Although, I must say, this is tempting; it is just not the way school is run. I had to tell my son to “man up.”

Sometimes it bugs me to see how lazy my kids are. Neither likes to play outside like normal kids. We get their whiny undertones whenever we lay the law down. “Oh do we have to?” It is really pathetic. Well, I guess that’s a blog for another day.

So, Lord willing, tomorrow we'll hit the books again.

More later…

No comments: